K12 Security & Compliance
Google Drive Encryption
Backup & Restore
G Suite Security & Compliance – End-User FAQ
Office 365 Security & Compliance – End-User FAQ
G Suite Backup & Restore – End-User FAQ
Office 365 Backup & Restore – End-User FAQ
G Suite Backup & Restore – Admin FAQ
Office 365 Backup & Restore – Admin FAQ
Why am I not able to restore emails to a particular user’s inbox?
If you are not able to restore emails, it could be due to these reasons:
- Permission issues associated with your access credentials: being an end user or admin has its limitations; only a super admin has complete access.
- The user account to which you want to restore data could be suspended or deleted.
- Technical issues such as server connectivity problems or server shut down.
If you are not a super admin, you cannot restore data from the backup of one user to another user’s account (cross-user account restore). Contact your super admin to restore the emails.
If you are a super admin, follow these steps to fix the issue:
- Click “Backup”→“Settings.”
- Navigate to “Manage Users.”
- Select “Notification” to view the list of errors and instructions to resolve them.
Check if archived content visibility is turned on.
- Go to “Backup”→“Settings.”
- Select “Backup Settings.”
- Toggle the Admin access to archived user content to “ON”.
- Check “Apply to backup archives for all current users” and click “SAVE SETTINGS.”
If you are still facing an issue with restoring emails, reach out to us at email@example.com.