Turbo backup vs Legacy backup
Get started with Turbo backup
Manage Legacy backup
Subscription and payments
Manage admin roles
K-12 Security & Compliance
Backup data insights
Google Drive Encryption
Why is my file missing from the backup archive?
A file could be missing from the archive due to various reasons:
- Backup might not have been scheduled for the day
- The file format might not be supported by us (we don’t back up certain formats like Google Forms)
- Due to certain user settings such as retention period (or) excluding Trash or Recycle bin folders
- Limitations with storing files based on size or type
- Restrictions on API access in the user’s Google Drive settings
- The users might have exceeded their storage limit
- The user might have deleted the file before the scheduled backup cycle
- Due to API limit, Google might have restricted file downloads
- Due to the technical issues such as server connectivity issues or server shut down
Here’s what you can do to troubleshoot this issue:
- If you have just installed the application and started the backup, wait for at least 24–36 hours for the process to be completed
- If you have upgraded from your trial, wait for the transition from trial user to a customer to be completed
Check if the backup settings have been enabled for the user: Go to "Backup"→"Settings."
- Click "Manage users."
- Check if the backup process has been completed for the user: Go to "Backup"→"Reports."
- Click "User Summary ."
- Check if all the folders including Trash (Google Drive)/Recycle Bin (OneDrive) have been included in the backup schedule
- Check if you moved the file to a different location after the backup was completed
- Check if the user’s backup storage limit has been exceeded – upgrade the storage limit
If none of these works, contact email@example.com