To restore a user’s account data, follow the procedure given below for G Suite.
- Log in to SysCloud Backup Application with your credentials.
- Click “Backup” → “Archive & Restore.”
- Select the username of the account you want to restore.
- Select the service for the user:
* MAIL: Gmail
* DRIVE: Drive
* CONTACT: Contacts
* CALENDAR: Calendar
* SITES: Google Sites
- Click “Restore”→“All.”
- Click “Restore.”
- You can change the email id here if you want to restore the data to another user (cross-user restore) – this is applicable only if you are a super admin.
- Check the “Check to restore a file with share permission” option if you want to retain sharing permissions on the restored files – this is applicable only for Drive and OneDrive applications.
- Click “Yes.”
- Repeat the procedure for all the services.
1. You can restore only one service at a time.
2. You cannot restore archived data into a user account on a different domain. You can only restore data to a user in the same domain.
3. As an admin, you can turn on self-service restore for the “Backup” module.
- Click “Setup”→“Settings”→“End-User Access.”
- Toggle Backup to “ON” at the domain level, user level, or organization unit level.
- Click “Yes.”
To test out the restores, we recommend the following:
- Use a temporary new user account as the destination account: To ensure that the restored version does not overwrite the current version of a file.
- Check the option “Create a new folder/label for restore” for Drive/email restores: To filter and easily access the restored files/emails.