Follow the steps below to restore Salesforce metadata components from the SysCloud backup application:
Step 1: Log in to SysCloud using your admin credentials.
Step 2: Click “Archives” and select “Salesforce” from the Backup and Restore drop down.
Step 3: Select the organization you want to restore the metadata component from.
Step 4: Navigate to the “Metadata” tab.
Step 5: Click the metadata type of the component you wish to restore.
Step 6: Select the metadata component you want to restore by selecting the checkbox next to it.
Step 7: In the confirmation dialog box, select the checkbox next to “Restore all levels of child records” if you want to restore all the child records associated with the metadata component. If this is left unchecked, only the selected metadata component and the other mandatory record(s) associated with it (if any) will be restored.
- Select the checkbox beside “Create new records” if you want the metadata component to be duplicated with a new ID.
- Select the checkbox beside “Overwrite record(s)” to overwrite the selected metadata component (if unselected, the component will be restored with a new ID).
- Select the checkbox beside “Skip if present in Salesforce” to skip restore if duplicate metadata components are found.
Step 8: Add comments (if any) to be shown in the restore report, and click the “Restore” button.
- Records in the recycle bin will be undeleted during restore.
- Validation rules and workflows will be disabled during restore and reenabled after restore.