Follow the steps below to restore Salesforce records from the SysCloud backup application:
Step 1: Log in to SysCloud using your admin credentials.
Step 2: Click “Archives” and select Salesforce from the Backup and Restore drop down.
Step 3: Select the organization you want to restore the record(s) from.
Step 4: Select the account you want to restore the record(s) from.
Step 5: Select the record(s) you want to restore by clicking the checkbox next to the record name.
Step 6: Click “Restore.”
Note: You can only restore records that have ‘Restore’ displayed under the ‘Restorable’ column.
Step 7: In the confirmation dialog box, select the checkbox next to “Restore all levels of child records” if you want to restore all the child records associated with the record. If this is left unchecked, only the selected record(s) and the other mandatory record(s) associated with it (if any) will be restored.
- Select the checkbox beside “Create new records” if you want the record(s) to be duplicated with a new ID.
- Select the checkbox beside “Overwrite record(s)” to overwrite the selected record(s) (if unselected, the record will be restored with a new ID).
- Select the checkbox beside “Skip if present in Salesforce” to skip restore if duplicate records are found.
Step 8: Add comments (if any) to be shown in the restore report, and click the “Restore” button.
- Records in the recycle bin will be undeleted during restore.
- Validation rules and workflows will be disabled during restore and reenabled after restore.