K12 Security & Compliance
Google Drive Encryption
Backup & Restore
G Suite Security & Compliance – End-User FAQ
Office 365 Security & Compliance – End-User FAQ
G Suite Backup & Restore – End-User FAQ
Office 365 Backup & Restore – End-User FAQ
G Suite Backup & Restore – Admin FAQ
Office 365 Backup & Restore – Admin FAQ
Backup & Security
US Sales Tax FAQs
How to remove the data of suspended users?
Follow these steps to delete the data of suspended users from the backup archive:
- Log in to SysCloud Backup Application with your credentials.
- Click “Backup”→“Settings”→“Manage Users.”
- Click on the filter icon and locate the user.
- Click on the “Trash” icon to delete the user’s backup.
- Click “Yes” to confirm the action.
- Once a user is suspended, SysCloud will automatically suspend the backup for the user.
- In case you want to perform bulk ‘suspended users’ data deletion, email the list to email@example.com.
Is there a data-aging report or a way to see how data ages?
No. We show only the current data statistics. We don't show historical progressions.
Is there a report to show the deletion of data based on a retention period?
No. Retention runs in the background and automatically deletes the data at the end of a retention period. There is no report for this feature.