Error Message: Backup failed permanently. Google API has responded with an error message when backing up
This is a permanent Google API error. It could have been caused by any of the following reasons:
- File location: The files created using third-party plugins like draw.io store might be stored in third-party servers. To learn more, click here.
- Permissions: If the file has view-only permission, it cannot be backed up and/or downloaded (if restricted by the owner). To learn more, click here.
- File deletion: If the option to backup the Trash files is not enabled, then a file deleted before the next backup schedule will not be backed up. To learn more, click here.
- User suspended: If a user is suspended, files cannot be backed up for that user. To learn more, click here.
Here’s how you can troubleshoot this error:
- File location: Check the location of the file and ensure that it is saved to the user account’s Google Drive.
- Permissions: Ask the owner of the file to give edit access to the user and try to back up again.
- File deleted: Try to recover the file from Trash or Google Vault and back up again. Alternatively, enable the option to back up Trash files in the SysCloud Backup Application, so that you can restore it from Trash Archives if required.
- User suspended: To learn how to reactivate a suspended user’s account, click here.